• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Engineer

Engineer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

Haphost terms of service says that "P2P based services and file sharing (such as torrents, etc) are strictly forbidden". That's right.

Could you please explain what torrents services or programs are forbidden? Could you please give an examples for such services and programs?

#2 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Could you please explain what torrents services or programs are forbidden?

Every torrent or P2P service or program is meant with that. A popular example is μTorrent I guess.

I recommend you to just stay away from these programs, because your VPS can get suspended permanently by using them.

#3 Engineer

Engineer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Every torrent or P2P service or program is meant with that. A popular example is μTorrent I guess.

I recommend you to just stay away from these programs, because your VPS can get suspended permanently by using them.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm looking for а VPS service that allows to install and use torrent client programs for download. (Not for a torrent tracker server). Mentioned Haphost service rule for P2P is vague, so I didn't understand from it, is μTorrent allowed or not.

Although Haphost registration is closed anyway.

#4 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Thank you for your answer.

I'm looking for а VPS service that allows to install and use torrent client programs for download. (Not for a torrent tracker server). Mentioned Haphost service rule for P2P is vague, so I didn't understand from it, is μTorrent allowed or not.

Although Haphost registration is closed anyway.

You can't host torrent seed, you can host any software as long as it is not illegal (warez), which means it's including uTorrent, Correct me if I am wrong.

To add your confusion, it is the definition of P2P :P

Nothing to display at the moment. RIP

#5 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

It's a violation against the Terms of Service when you use Torrent Software in general. It doesn't mind whether you torrent legal or illegal files.

#6 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

It's a violation against the Terms of Service when you use Torrent Software in general. It doesn't mind whether you torrent legal or illegal files.

What they don't allow you ---IMHO--- is to have service like The Pirate Bay

Let's see their TOS:

P2P based services and file sharing (such as torrents, etc) are strictly forbidden.

What they prohibit you about software:

1. Hacking scripts or software (including viruses, trojans, etc.) are not allowed to be stored or linked to any Haphost.com service.
  2. Warez/Crack file hosting or linking to other services, where files of such nature are hosted, is strictly forbidden.
  3. Use of bots/crawlers is strictly forbidden.
  4. Transloaders (RapidLeech and similar scripts or applications) are forbidden.
  5. Use of CCCam, OSCam and other related tools is forbidden.
  6. Bitcoin mining or any similar activities are not allowed.
  7. Transcoders (such as ffmpeg, mplayer) are forbidden.

What they prohibit you about service:
  1. P2P based services and file sharing (such as torrents, etc) are strictly forbidden. ---> including but not limited to services like The Pirate Bay, Dropbox, Mediafire, etc. But having service(s) like FileHippo is permitted.
  2. Phishing/Scamming websites are strictly forbidden.
  3. Hosting/Streaming copyrighted material without having legal rights to the material is strictly forbidden.
  4. Proxy servers and proxy related services (such as VPN, etc.) of any type are not allowed.
  5. Sharing/keeping adult material is strictly forbidden.
  6. Hosting anything related to High-Yield Investment Program (HYIP) is strictly forbidden.
  7. SSH Tunneling or any related activities are not allowed.

Which means if you write a blog post on your own VPS about "Best Torrent Software 2015" (for instance) and providing each software to download, does not violate their TOS. Please refer to each definition.

#7 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

As long as you have the rights to distribute the software and as long as you don't offer it through a P2P service, it's allowed of course.

#8 Perwiz

Perwiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAzerbaijan

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

Dropbox also cannot be used? Can I post on the website php scripts, html templates, open source CMS (like wordpress, joomla, etc.) they all are available at the official site for free, and can i upload them to Dropbox or Yandex Disk for example, and share links on the website?
Of Course these scripts do not have built viruses or trojans.

Thank you very much, and sorry for my English ^_^

#9 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:22 PM

Dropbox also cannot be used? Can I post on the website php scripts, html templates, open source CMS (like wordpress, joomla, etc.) they all are available at the official site for free, and can i upload them to Dropbox or Yandex Disk for example, and share links on the website?
Of Course these scripts do not have built viruses or trojans.

Thank you very much, and sorry for my English ^_^

What I am trying to say is you can't provide any torrent services like The Pirate Bay or file sharing services like dropbox.

As long as you did not store any prohibited files on your VPS, you can go with it with no problem.

• Perwiz likes this

#10 Perwiz

Perwiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAzerbaijan

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

What I am trying to say is you can't provide any torrent services like The Pirate Bay or file sharing services like dropbox.

As long as you did not store any prohibited files on your VPS, you can go with it with no problem.

Thank you very much for explaining ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users