Photo

Minecraft Installer (Optimized For Haphost)

Minecraft Installer Gameserver Haphost VPS

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

Hey guys,

I recently wrote an installer for installing a ready-to-start Minecraft server optimized for Haphost VPS'. This script has only been tested on Ubuntu 14.10. It will probably only work on Debian and Ubuntu.

What the installer does:

The installer first will check if you have wget, screen and default-jre installed and will install them if not done already. wget is for downloading necessary files, screen is for running the server in the background and default-jre is necessary for the Minecraft server to run. After this, the script will check whether you run a 32bit or 64bit operating system and will then install the proper version of jq, if not installed yet. jq is needed to fetch the latest version of the Minecraft server. After the newest version of the Minecraft server is downloaded, it will then create two scripts to start and stop the server easily. By using this installer you accept the Minecraft EULA.

How to use the script:

Just copy and paste this command in the directory you would like to install the server. Make sure you are logged in as root or have sudo permissions. You may be asked for your user password to install certain dependencies such as wget, screen, default-jre or jq.

Vanilla:

wget https://code.isaak.li/haphost/minecraft/vanilla/install.sh && chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh

CraftBukkit:

wget http://code.isaak.li/haphost/minecraft/craftbukkit/install.sh && chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh

Spigot:

wget http://code.isaak.li/haphost/minecraft/spigot/install.sh && chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh

As I already said, the installer creates two scripts to start and stop the server. You can run them with

./start.sh

or

./stop.sh

If your Minecraft server is running and you want to switch to its console, run this command:

screen -r minecraft

To leave the console again, just press [CTRL] + [A] + [D] on your keyboard.

If you still have questions, don't hesitate to comment this thread or write me a private message.

• Arctic and deadman962011 like this

#2 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

Hey bro, Can you make me a server installer which is enough to run in HapHost, It will be a 1.8 server, Plugins:

Essentials(Whole package) and Magic and MagicWorlds

You can find magic and magic worlds over here

http://dev.bukkit.or...-plugins/magic/

#3 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:34 PM

@Kevin_Hendrews I created a specialized script for you. Just enter the following command to install your server in the current directory:

wget http://code.isaak.li/haphost/minecraft/spigot/kevin_hendrews/install.sh && chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh

• deadman962011 likes this

#4 PatrickNL

PatrickNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationIn a virtual world

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

Is this bukkit or vanilla server?

#5 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

@PatrickNL The basic script contains the normal vanilla server. Should I make another for Spigot / CraftBukkit?

#6 PatrickNL

PatrickNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

Yeah i want CraftBukkit, but how many players can run on it on HapHost VPS?

#7 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

THANKS BRO Gonna test :) On unbuntu If it works I will be very much... thank ful

#8 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

What OS shall I use for it on haphost? Ubuntu 13.10 dosent work, The sudo apt-get is probleming 404 not found.

#9 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

Working on CentOS 6 x86_64

Packages:

yum -y update

yum -y install jre7 default-jre default-jdk jre jdk java oracle-java

I tried false names so if there is something missing or Idont know the name so it solves!

#10 PatrickNL

PatrickNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

his script has only been tested on Ubuntu 14.10. It will probably only work on Debian and Ubuntu.

[

#11 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

As @PatrickNL and I already said, this script is only for Ubuntu and Debian. According to http://canihostaminecraftserver.com you can host 3 players on your server.

I also updated my script for CraftBukkit and Spigot.

#12 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

Well I get crash reports, I removed all instead of the Essentials.. I almost got nothing, I am running CentOS 64 and I have installed java 1.8.0 (jre and jdk both)

Is 1.7 better?

#13 PatrickNL

PatrickNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

This script has only been tested on Ubuntu 14.10. It will probably only work on Debian and Ubuntu.

• Andreas likes this

#14 Arctic

Arctic

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

Well I get crash reports, I removed all instead of the Essentials.. I almost got nothing, I am running CentOS 64 and I have installed java 1.8.0 (jre and jdk both)

Is 1.7 better?

Centos script

any support PM's be Ignored please use the Support section for it

Support

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft, Installer, Gameserver, Haphost, VPS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users