• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NetForHack

NetForHack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

1.Use minimal templates without garbage like apache2, sendmail and other software. // Memory savings as example.

2.Fresh OS. Leave only actual versions like Debian 7, CentOS 7, Ubuntu  14.04 // Ubuntu 13.10 really, it`s even LTS ?!

3.Update OpenVZ Kernel ?! //Force rebooting users VPS can be a problem, but updating software it`s good idea? Am I wrong and why ?

4.Wiki or something like that with good linux tutorial`s like DigitalOcean`s one. // Users learn about configuring linux wants more and buy host1plus services . PROFIT! 

Welcome to discuss.

@NetForHack

• RoboCop and Andreas like this

#2 Conner

Conner

Haphost Support Staff

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSouthport, UK

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

Hi There NetForHack,

Just to follow up on your suggestions, we do take user suggestions into account and we welcome them :)

All of our provided templates are the default for that Linux OS version, we don't add any "garbage" to them, minimal templates are

really only for clustering and maximum performance which is not what our service is for considering we provide a free shared-hosting

service.

We try and cater for many user's yet, and the list of images is being updated with new images once they are tested, however many software

still use old versions of Linux and as such at user's request we still keep other versions.

You can install your own kernel from the CLI, with a bit of Linux know-how! yes its a good idea but we only push what is tested and compatible with

our provisioning services

Wiki is a good idea, we used to have one, now DO is a paid supplier and one which I have written for in the past and I agree they have a good community system, if you want that then please use them! we try and provide a means of letting user's write tutorials yet we cannot offer any incentives such as other companies do.

Thank's for your suggestions and I will definitely bring them up to our Team.

Kind Regards,

Conner

• RoboCop and Andreas like this

logo.png

PRCTBpj.pngjkrTvsD.pngCxmhW0x.pngmu8GezS.png

jwY2Lj6.png aywcg7Z.png sIQJdfx.png 1y1jJaf.png CD6em6I.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users