• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Believe

Believe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

How can i prevent ddos attacks on my haphost vps?

#2 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

Install (D)DoS Deflate on your VPS and use services like CloudFlare.

#3 Believe

Believe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

Install (D)DoS Deflate on your VPS and use services like CloudFlare.

I do use cloudflare but i fele like that is just a notifaction when i am ddos. Should i use (D)Dos Deflate and does it work? 

#4 Conner

Conner

Haphost Support Staff

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSouthport, UK

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

In reality no script will prevent a Denial of service, especially a distributed one, hence why

people spend thousands on mitigation and other protective services.

We try and deflect some of the DDoS attacks, but do not guarantee DDoS protection at any level, if

your VPS does come under attack we will suspend it so that the attack cannot have an effect on our network

and this will also ensure that the attacking packets are not directed towards an active dmz IP.

IP tables or netstat commands will usually only block the IP and not actually stop the attack, where a mitigation service

like Cloud Flare will try and weed out any incoming traffic and stop the attack before the packets reach your server, however these

services such as Layer 3/4 and SMURF control are available exclusive to rail gun customers and business/enterprise customers on

CloudFlare, the only role CloudFlare plays as a free service is to detect the threat and block it, with no mitigation on the transport

(UDP/TCP) level.

As a CloudFlare parter I can walk you through setting it up properly or give you advice if needed, just ask :)

Kind Regards,

Conner

• Andreas likes this

logo.png

PRCTBpj.pngjkrTvsD.pngCxmhW0x.pngmu8GezS.png

jwY2Lj6.png aywcg7Z.png sIQJdfx.png 1y1jJaf.png CD6em6I.png

#5 Believe

Believe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

In reality no script will prevent a Denial of service, especially a distributed one, hence why

people spend thousands on mitigation and other protective services.

We try and deflect some of the DDoS attacks, but do not guarantee DDoS protection at any level, if

your VPS does come under attack we will suspend it so that the attack cannot have an effect on our network

and this will also ensure that the attacking packets are not directed towards an active dmz IP.

IP tables or netstat commands will usually only block the IP and not actually stop the attack, where a mitigation service

like Cloud Flare will try and weed out any incoming traffic and stop the attack before the packets reach your server, however these

services such as Layer 3/4 and SMURF control are available exclusive to rail gun customers and business/enterprise customers on

CloudFlare, the only role CloudFlare plays as a free service is to detect the threat and block it, with no mitigation on the transport

(UDP/TCP) level.

As a CloudFlare parter I can walk you through setting it up properly or give you advice if needed, just ask :)

Kind Regards,

Conner

Ok how will i set-up cloudflare properly? I got it working on there but any extra steps?

#6 Conner

Conner

Haphost Support Staff

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSouthport, UK

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hi,

With our service the only thing that CloudFlare can be utilised for is its DNS service, which also

looks at incoming traffic and threats

As long as you have an account setup and you have pointed some A records and MX records

then CloudFlare can start monitoring your traffic and also stop/block any incoming threats that

use that DNS layer.

If its working, The i would assume that you have configured it correctly :)

Kind Regards,

Conner

logo.png

PRCTBpj.pngjkrTvsD.pngCxmhW0x.pngmu8GezS.png

jwY2Lj6.png aywcg7Z.png sIQJdfx.png 1y1jJaf.png CD6em6I.png

#7 Believe

Believe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hi,

With our service the only thing that CloudFlare can be utilised for is its DNS service, which also

looks at incoming traffic and threats

As long as you have an account setup and you have pointed some A records and MX records

then CloudFlare can start monitoring your traffic and also stop/block any incoming threats that

use that DNS layer.

If its working, The i would assume that you have configured it correctly :)

Kind Regards,

Conner

It's connect to my website. Is it suppose to be connected to my ip address?

#8 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Is it suppose to be connected to my ip address?

I don't know what you mean by that, but you have to create A-Records pointing on your IP-Address, so that CloudFlare knows where to direct requests to your domain.

• Believe likes this

#9 Believe

Believe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

I don't know what you mean by that, but you have to create A-Records pointing on your IP-Address, so that CloudFlare knows where to direct requests to your domain.

Example??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users