Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationMauritius

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

Hello there,

Dear users,

We are happy to announce that our free web and VPS hosting project has been a great success. However, all good things come to an end and Haphost will be shut down on the 1st of August, 2015.

Additional information about the termination will be sent by email. Please make sure to collect and transfer all of your content until the 1st of August, 2015, so that no files would be lost.

Premium Hosting Services
If you’re looking for premium hosting services to power your online projects, try our longstanding sister company Host1Plus, powered by Digital Energy Technologies Ltd.
horizontal_haphost_promo.jpg The offer valid for new clients, 1-6 month billing cycles. Can be used once.

We have always been inspired by the support and enthusiasm by the users and want to thank you for being there with us. It was a great ride, and we hope to meet you again in the future projects!

Best wishes,
Haphost Team

As everyone is concerned by this now,

We would like to hear from you,

How was your stay at haphost ? and you're experience about it ?

Was it your 1st VPS ever ?

Best Regards,

Khevin

• Bonar and Abdul Sami like this

Undefined/Khevin | Haphost Support Administrator

Grab Your Free VPS And Web Hosting Here!

Follow Us On Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Youtube

#2 PatrickNL

PatrickNL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationIn a virtual world

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

My free VPS, had a garrysmod TTT server on it, my first touch with Linux, i made myself learn how to work with Debian,ubuntu,CentOS.

I wanted more servers, a bigger Garrys mod server community

Now i got 5 VPS and a dedicated server running all on Linux :)

#3 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

My stay at Haphost was great, the VPS' do run very well. You don't get free things in life often. However, it wasn't my first VPS ever, I had a virtual server at another hosting provider before. Finally, I'm glad I could support Haphost by moderating the forums.

#4 Lampard

Lampard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

It was my first VPS, and yeah from HapHost i knew how VPS works. I did not even what was VPS, but yeah because of this HapHost i know it now, and even helping other people with it. Thanks HapHost for giving the good service and free VPS.

#5 mlody.1039

mlody.1039

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationWarsaw / Carlow

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

Hello Community.

Haphost was great service I'm glad I was in support during Haphost time. Sadly haphost end .

As it's my last post here

I want to thank to

Joseph, Khevin, Shiva, Cryo (CM1), Conner T, Reyas, Eidmantas, Renata

For all the time we spend here.  Every ending has a new beginning.

Goodbye

mlody.1039

Haphost [*] 2009 - 2015

Farewell!

• Andreas likes this

#6 vyjhala

vyjhala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hi

This my first vps server i also host my website  too www.myblogpage,tk in haphost vps .  I learn so many thing for example how to use or manage linux in vps with ssh  so on .

My experience  was  excellent but sadly   free  vps  hosting project closing  anyways  i found some free good share hosting  and cloud hosting sites  i will move my website soon there.

Thanks

:(

#7 demotest

demotest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

This was my first VPS, originally since H-1-F (~ 2013), and for 2 years only few days of VPS downtime, which is excellent. Web hosting in the era of H-1-F was also excellent, one of a kind high quality service, but not so great since HapHost switchover (to many resource limitations). Still, VPS service was on the same level as a paid one!

My only use of VPS was for development work and tests, so resources (CPU/HDD) were on average extremely low except during testing phases. I have learned a lot about Linux thanks to free VPS, which otherwise could not be possible at all and I am really, really thankful for this unique opportunity. Now, I am considering H1P, since I still need VPS to continue my dev/research.

Thanks for all the time! Really appreciate it.

Take care wherever you move on next.

• Andreas likes this

#8 Abdul Sami

Abdul Sami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationPakistan Karachi

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

I Started Searching For VPS And I was really bored i asked my brother to give me a vps but it was terminated due to non-payment.i search on google FREE VPS Hosting.I Got First Website Haphost i thought that this will be fake as others, i requested a vps i thought that it just useless to write this but i submit a application after some months i asked my brother to give me a vps he said i got one he give me but it was so slow it was 64mb for fortatrading.i woke up all night to search a VPS in the morning i remembered that i submitted a application i open my Admincp i saw VPS Location VPS *OS* Vps Hostname i think that what will happen now i checked  my mail i got A ip address with a root password i was not really surprised at that time when i open the IP with putty and with root username it was working i was really shocked that how a company can give vps to everyone i started my first CS 1.6 Server I was really happy then i hosted my Own Gpanel Cpanel hosted some websites i thought that this was the best website ever i called my some of my friends but the registrations was closed so i give them USER in my cpanel

then I joined Forum my  firstt post was of (how to host a website) i got a great reply from the support member then i posted some great tutorials and then  became a ADVANCED MEMBER i thought it is not useless to visit forum just it was taking my some of my time Only 5 min i also helped some peoples i hope they got some help from me thanks thanks thanks HAPHOST For the greatest vps but it so sad to hear that you are closing soon :(

But THANKS THANKS

Abdul Sami,

Advanced Member Of Your Community

Gonna Miss You All ;) :) :) 

• Abdul Sami likes this

Abdul Sami,  :)

#9 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:39 AM

My first VPS is from Haphost, enough for gaining more knowledge on Linux.

Since Haphost are going to be shut down, I will try to look for other free VPS provider :lol:

Nothing to display at the moment. RIP

#10 culomasta

culomasta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

Ive been here since 2012, its been a good run

#11 Styiix

Styiix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

this is madness.... if was success project why it close

• AFN likes this

#12 Fisir

Fisir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

I have used Haphost (formely Haphost) since 2013. Although I have experienced a few larger downtimes, even the data loss, it was a good experience. You actually gave out something for free, it was not fake and there was a technical support that was actively (well, sometimes less actively) informing us about what's happening right now on crashed nodes and working all this stuff out. And I really want to thank you for that. I understand that it is impossible to keep Haphost free, so I hope that you guys will work on some other interesting projects and you're going to like it. This was my first VPS ever, now I'm gonna transfer to a paid provider. Thanks to you, I was able to experiment with all these settings, packages, access rights and scripts.

Again, big thanks to the Haphost crew!

#13 R4to0

R4to0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

I've been using free VPS Service since H-1-F launch, by far the best free vps hosting. I'm, also an Host1Plus customer since a year or so. I learned a lot while using free vps.

Thank you all Haphost Team!

#14 demotest

demotest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

I wonder, since Haphost already has a solid user base, why they did not decide to transform into commercial hosting company and offer existing users smooth transfer (e.g. keeping their existing setups) ?

Just a thought

• AFN likes this

#15 Kevin_Hendrews

Kevin_Hendrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Haphost was a great place to host VPS and WEB Servers, It had good and fast support services and alot, Which we cannot get for free! We could host almost lots of game servers, However I feel sad for its termination :'( :(

I joined at mids of 2014 and had been using it for ts3 servers, SA-MP servers and alot, I used to enjoy alot and alot with my friends...

This was my first time VPS hosting/managing and I never knew there was some other OS excluding Windows and Mac, When I got to know I was very much surprised, At first I was a C++ scripter now I learned alot of linux coding and linux, This was my first time on linux, Even I downloaded the latest ubuntu on my computer using VMWare  :P

THANK YOU HAPHOST!

#16 FlamesRunner

FlamesRunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

Thanks Haphost/HapHost. Since 2011, I've been actively using this website to host a personal portfolio. This was my first VPS server - it was so exciting when I got accepted! I logged onto SSH with my still favourite SSH client, puTTy. [root@localhost]# - I will always remember the awesome time I've had with this VPS. Heck, I tried to install SolusVM in the late 2013! Gameservers, (namely Minecraft at one point) were my starting point. My friends wanted a server, and back in 2011, I wasn't quite fond of PayPal yet. So I came to Haphost - free, no restrictions (not literally!).

All I can say is a huge thanks to the staff, and by the way, you should re-implement the automatic server transfer to H1P option - I tried H1P for a month, and the service was top notch.

Have a great day, and enjoy the last few moments with your VPS :)

#17 Joseph

Joseph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

Thanks Haphost/HapHost. Since 2011, I've been actively using this website to host a personal portfolio. This was my first VPS server - it was so exciting when I got accepted! I logged onto SSH with my still favourite SSH client, puTTy. [root@localhost]# - I will always remember the awesome time I've had with this VPS. Heck, I tried to install SolusVM in the late 2013! Gameservers, (namely Minecraft at one point) were my starting point. My friends wanted a server, and back in 2011, I wasn't quite fond of PayPal yet. So I came to Haphost - free, no restrictions (not literally!).

All I can say is a huge thanks to the staff, and by the way, you should re-implement the automatic server transfer to H1P option - I tried H1P for a month, and the service was top notch.

Have a great day, and enjoy the last few moments with your VPS :)

I wonder, since Haphost already has a solid user base, why they did not decide to transform into commercial hosting company and offer existing users smooth transfer (e.g. keeping their existing setups) ?

Just a thought

We can transfer your existing configurations and files to Host1Plus. Just request for a migration from the H1P Live Chat or Ticket and we will schedule the transfer.

Kind Regards,
Joseph

• demotest and Andreas like this

#18 RickyPH

RickyPH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:24 AM

I am happy to hear that HapHost project has a success result but this time, I am so much disappointed for the decision that you are making to us. Actually, this is my 1st VPS ever. I trust your company for a good service and security of our website.

This time, I would to say thank you for what you've made to us. But after the shutdown, we don't know where we can get a new Free VPS, we doesn't know where can we start for our new account because HapHost is the only company that we know who give Free VPS like this.

Regards,

ickie

#19 Cryo Kinesis

Cryo Kinesis

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGridania, Eorzea

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Hi There,

I was with Haphost/H.1.F for a long time. I was part of the crew for about 3-4 years. I've seen crew members come & go over time and I guess I'd like to call myself one of the seniors of the crew. It is a shame that Haphost will be closing, however all good things must come to an end as they say. I've had an excellent time with everyone and gained new experience. I would love to continue serving as a crew member if Haphost was to be reborn.

As long as everyone was happy, then I'm happy too. We will all remember how good Haphost was to all of us. There's always the possibility that Haphost could be reborn since it was only a project and not a full-fledged service in my opinion. You may be going/gone, however you won't be forgotten.

I thank you for providing us your services. :)

• Andreas likes this

Cryo%20Kinesis%20Haphost%20Sig2.png

#20 PokemonEx222

PokemonEx222

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Thank you haphost for the vps.

But, you could've had a us vps, but anyway, thanks for hosting my ts.

I wish the best haphost!

P.S, no this was not my first vps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users