Photo

If You Claim This Is Been Successful, Why Shut It Down? Financial Debt Heres Some Solutions To Help.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AFN

AFN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

I'm shocked and deeply saddened to hear that Haphost will be closing on Saturday, August 1, 2015. I would like to know from administrators why if something that you claim has been so successful and I think among many users Haphost has earned the trust and credibility of truly offering free Web hosting and free VPS hosting unlike many of the other companies who claim to, but always add strings attached to them that you latter find out or if your site becomes too popular they terminated for no reason just to get free publicly.

I've been hearing rumors that you are in financial debt, if that is true why not ask all users who use this service to donate at least five dollars and I'm sure some will probably donate more than five dollars because they are very happy with what you're offering and you also have earned the trust and credibility.

Why not offer some incentives so people will be more willing to donate, some of the incentives could be:

• Each month you do not have to renew your web hosting or free VPS by e-mail and enter some code.
  • If you run into an issue and open a support ticket, you will get a response within 24 or 48 hours.
  • If you violate the terms you get a warning instead of your account has been terminated.
  • Websites and VPSs do not have to have a link back to Haphost.com
  • Can access the forum completely ad free, even though some is an ad blocker.
  • Can be added into a drawing and be the site of the day or week, or month, if complies with the TOS and user agreement.
  • Can be listed as donors with a link back to his/her website and is updated each month, again website much complies with the TOS and user agreement.

I think I have listed lots of ways that people would be more willing to donate and instead is rewarded with some or all of these incentives.

But to simply just say this project has been so successful and ended without really a reason this is giving up. Just imagine if Google, Facebook, Twitter would have done that.

#2 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:50 AM

No subscription renewal? Even paid hosting HAS subscription renewal, which you can pay in advanced for long term.

The current admins are Host1Plus staffs which do moderation with no extra pay, they do it in their spare time.

You should read AND agree the Haphost's Terms of Services BEFORE applying for either web hosting or VPS. 

Are there any linkback? I'm not sure about it, maybe.

Completely ad free? Then who will pay the bill? Five dollars for a lifetime would cover them?

----------

Seriously, you are asking too much

Nothing to display at the moment. RIP

#3 AFN

AFN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

No subscription renewal? Even paid hosting HAS subscription renewal, which you can pay in advanced for long term.

The current admins are Host1Plus staffs which do moderation with no extra pay, they do it in their spare time.

You should read AND agree the Haphost's Terms of Services BEFORE applying for either web hosting or VPS. 

Are there any linkback? I'm not sure about it, maybe.

Completely ad free? Then who will pay the bill? Five dollars for a lifetime would cover them?

----------

Seriously, you are asking too much

I will address each of your comments

Regards to subscription renewal, as of now each member wishes to keep his or her free webhost and/or VPS he or she must wait for an e-mail that has two links, one link containing some random code and the other link takes you to the renewal page where you enter your email and the random code that you get in order to show you still want to keep your free webhost and/or VPS so maybe donating five dollars would maybe wave this.

I did not know that the current administrators are Host1Plus staff in which they do this in their spare time.

I'm sure if you run a website especially a forum it can sometimes be a little difficult to monitor the site all the time, for example you go out of town for the weekend or for a week where you may not be able to access your site in order to remove connect that maybe violating the terms of service. If I'm giving any suggestion that just because you donate you should be able to violate the terms of service deliberately I'm not.

Maybe if we are using their service we should have a link back to HapHost.com and if you donate then you should not be required to have a link back to HapHost.com

As I said above you can access the forum ad free if you donate, even though some use an ad blocker to black ads anyway.

I'm a bit curious to where you got the idea that if you donate maybe five dollars it should be good for a lifetime because I did not say anything about a lifetime. Your right if someone donate maybe five dollars and they get all or some of the things they will be in the same boat as they are in now, assuming that they are closing because of funding.

I'm a bit irritated that you would say I'm asking too much when you haven't given really any suggestions, so if you have any suggestions please post them, maybe we will agree on all, some or a few or none of them.

#4 user122

user122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

Regards to subscription renewal, as of now each member wishes to keep his or her free webhost and/or VPS he or she must wait for an e-mail that has two links, one link containing some random code and the other link takes you to the renewal page where you enter your email and the random code that you get in order to show you still want to keep your free webhost and/or VPS so maybe donating five dollars would maybe wave this.

Just donate 2,5$ every month on Host1Plus on you get FreeVPS ;)

But to simply just say this project has been so successful and ended without really a reason this is giving up. Just imagine if Google, Facebook, Twitter would have done that.

AFAIK, Google hasn't Free VPS project.

#5 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Let's see the fact:

1- To run successful free service needs a lot of money. Let's say Haphost's owner put $25K each month, did they get something worthy in return?

2- Free service always attract abusers, what's your suggestion to limit them?

3- How many of us will consider to donate?

If they plan to shut Haphost down, there is nothing we can do except if you pay all the expenses. Will you? Go to Host1Plus site, rent at least 2 dedicated servers with at least Core i5 from them,

Here is the configuration for each server:

1 Core i5

32 GB RAM (+ $96/month)

4x 1 TB HDD (+ $120/month)

128 IPs (+ $256/month)

1 Gbps unmetered (+ $600/month)

RAID Controller (I have no experience on it, may be you can pick one most suitable)

Extra-Care Support ($30/mo, let them take care your server)

KernelCare ($2.49/mo)

24 months commitment.

It will cost you at least $25,169.52 (before RAID controller and tax of course). Calculate here: https://manage.host1...confproduct&i=0 (close the pop up login/registration form).

Nice, isn't it? I know I didn't suggest anything because I have nothing to really help them.

Nothing to display at the moment. RIP

#6 Conner

Conner

Haphost Support Staff

• Moderators
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSouthport, UK

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

AFAIK, Google hasn't Free VPS project.

Google Code was originally a unix box based hosting, until it went to package based. Also

they do own a company that used to provide free VPS (kind of).

Please note this post is not taken in context of my Google affiliation and should

not be considered as such.

-C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users