I'm shocked and deeply saddened to hear that Haphost will be closing on Saturday, August 1, 2015. I would like to know from administrators why if something that you claim has been so successful and I think among many users Haphost has earned the trust and credibility of truly offering free Web hosting and free VPS hosting unlike many of the other companies who claim to, but always add strings attached to them that you latter find out or if your site becomes too popular they terminated for no reason just to get free publicly.
I've been hearing rumors that you are in financial debt, if that is true why not ask all users who use this service to donate at least five dollars and I'm sure some will probably donate more than five dollars because they are very happy with what you're offering and you also have earned the trust and credibility.
Why not offer some incentives so people will be more willing to donate, some of the incentives could be:
- Each month you do not have to renew your web hosting or free VPS by e-mail and enter some code.
- If you run into an issue and open a support ticket, you will get a response within 24 or 48 hours.
- If you violate the terms you get a warning instead of your account has been terminated.
- Websites and VPSs do not have to have a link back to Haphost.com
- Can access the forum completely ad free, even though some is an ad blocker.
- Can be added into a drawing and be the site of the day or week, or month, if complies with the TOS and user agreement.
- Can be listed as donors with a link back to his/her website and is updated each month, again website much complies with the TOS and user agreement.
I think I have listed lots of ways that people would be more willing to donate and instead is rewarded with some or all of these incentives.
But to simply just say this project has been so successful and ended without really a reason this is giving up. Just imagine if Google, Facebook, Twitter would have done that.