7 replies to this topic

#1 BritishDeveloper

BritishDeveloper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hi Haphot

Before you changed to Haphost and was Haphost you could decide to upgrade to paid service with host1plus. I now see this option not available. I am not thinking of getting a bigger server any time soon but wondered if this was something you was going to bring back in the future? 

Many Thanks

Aaron Morley

#2 Joseph

Joseph

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Haphost has currently no upgrade options but you may still purchase our premium services at Host1Plus.com

You can select from our very customizable plans by following this link.

Question Updated

#3 Arctic

Arctic

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

I wish they could implement "upgrade option" for "free VPS" users, to allocate free VPS IP address on new server and move all the files&settings automatically.

Both services are based on OpenVZ, and it should be technically possible to move filesystem image (to new system) and reallocate old IP addresses automatically.

you can but make a backup of your files via putty

any support PM's be Ignored please use the Support section for it

Support

#4 Fedor

Fedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Hello !

I am very happy to use your services, because I don't have any creditcard or bank account for the moment. So I can't pay anything.

I want to know how you can be free, because it's not only software:

Your servers and electricity are not GNU or BSD licensed  ....  don't they?    :)

Are enough people who upgrade to host1plus accounts? Or do you have other money sources ?

#5 Fedor

Fedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

However, as I created a new account the other day and haven't yet received a VPS activation notice, I checked out the forum to ask about this, but saw many other posts asking for activation.

Almost all of the requests get summarily replied with "the Activation Process can take up to 2-3 weeks".

#6 Fedor

Fedor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

The Dashboard says something like "Your VPS Service request is submited. Please wait for admin confirmation". The estimated time for activation is not indicated, which may be why people are expecting to be activated instantly.

Perhaps, it would be useful to add a line saying that the activation process can take as long as 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks.

#7 Bonar

Bonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Location/home

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hello !

I am very happy to use your services, because I don't have any creditcard or bank account for the moment. So I can't pay anything.

I want to know how you can be free, because it's not only software:

Your servers and electricity are not GNU or BSD licensed  ....  don't they?    :)

Are enough people who upgrade to host1plus accounts? Or do you have other money sources ?

Haphost earns money only from Google AdSense they put on your dashboard. I don't know if this covers their cost for IP, bandwidth, power source cost, staff-ing cost etc.

However, as I created a new account the other day and haven't yet received a VPS activation notice, I checked out the forum to ask about this, but saw many other posts asking for activation.

Almost all of the requests get summarily replied with "the Activation Process can take up to 2-3 weeks".

Unfortunately, no one can make sure when registration and approval are re-opened

Nothing to display at the moment. RIP

#8 SamW

SamW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:26 PM

The Dashboard says something like "Your VPS Service request is submited. Please wait for admin confirmation". The estimated time for activation is not indicated, which may be why people are expecting to be activated instantly.

Perhaps, it would be useful to add a line saying that the activation process can take as long as 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks.

Great idea! I saw alot of people in the shoutbox begging for confirmation and on Admin's profiles. It would only take 5 minutes to edit 1 line of code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users