No replies to this topic

#1 Arctic

Arctic

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

This tutorial explains how to set up a Linux server for the current version of Altis Life (with extDB).

Fortunately, the establishment of a Altis Life server on Linux is now very much somewhat simpler, since it is no longer needed, etc. Wine. Instead, simply, the dedicated Linux servers are used, but a 32-bit chroot is required.

Warning: I am not responsible for any damage that may result from this tutorial! The tutorial is not aimed at beginners in dealing with Linux / Unix - please only gain experience before a server is rented. May provide commands in this tutorial that the server goes up in flames or explode - I guarantee for nothing.

Alright? Then you can start.

The tutorial is divided into the following sections:

1. Requirements
  2. Create a chroot and install extDB
  3. Install Arma 3
  4. Install Altis Life
  5. Configuration

First conditions

• A server to which we have access through SSH - this tutorial is geared to Debian
  • An installed MySQL Server
  • A Windows PC with FileZilla (or other FTP client) is installed, you need also the PBO Manager

Create a second chroot and install extDB

We start with the same point, the well-prepared most problems: extDB. The work currently due to the Poco-Lib apparently only on 32-bit systems without any problems, so we need to set us with debootstrap / chroot a 32-bit system. A Debian chroot did not work in the test, so we have (somewhat cumbersome) create an Ubuntu chroot. extDB need not be compiled yourself, you can simply use the pre-compiled version. However, the Arma 3 Server must be running in the chroot.

apt-get install debootstrap schroot
 nano /etc/schroot/chroot.d/trusty_i386.conf

Instead nano can of course also be used at any other editor. In the file is the following:

[Trusty_i386]
 description = Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty for i386
 directory = / srv / chroot / trusty_i386
 personality = linux32
 root-users = torndeco
 type = directory
 users = arma3
 aliases = dokochroot, default

Since Debian Wheezy brings no debootstrap template for Trusty, we are writing the file - as a symlink to Gutsy the template:

cd / usr / share / debootstrap / scripts
 ln-s gutsy trusty

Then the chroot can be created and entered in / srv / chroot / trusty_i386:

cd ~
 debootstrap --variant = buildd --arch = i386 trusty / srv / chroot / trusty_i386 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
 schroot c trusty_i386 u root

If all goes well, should before the Bash Prompt "(trusty_i386)" are. We edit the sources.list and install some needed programs:

echo "deb http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main restricted universe multiverse"> like this
 apt-get update
 apt-get install nano screen wget build-essential libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libmysqld-dev libiodbc2-dev libtbb2 libtbb-dev cmake unzip 

We create a new user and the directory for the server:

adduser arma3
 mkdir / srv / arma3
 chown arma3: arma3 / srv / arma3

However, even as root - Finally we compile Poco and extDB. As I said not this must be done, who will always use the latest version of extDB, but it can be done. But in any case must be downloaded and unzipped extDB (wget & unzip):

wget http://pocoproject.org/releases/poco-1.4.6/poco-1.4.6p4-all.tar.gz
 gunzip poco-1.4.6p4-all.tar.gz
 tar xvf poco-1.4.6p4-all.tar
 cd poco-1.4.6p4-all
 ./configure
 make -j4
 make install

cd ~
 mkdir extdb
 cd extdb
 wget https://github.com/Torndeco/extdb/archive/stable.zip
 unzip ./stable.zip
 mkdir work
 cd work
 cmake-i ~ / extdb / extdb-stable / build / extDB
 make

Install Arma 2 3

Then we switch users, install SteamCMD and download Arma 3:

mkdir Steam
 Steam cd
 wget http://media.steampowered.com/installer/steamcmd_linux.tar.gz
 tar -xvzf steamcmd_linux.tar.gz
 ./steamcmd.sh

SteamCMD then "quit" exit.
Now we tinker us an update script for Arma 3 - the downloads when you first start Arma 3, updates, we need to re-start the script to the latest version of Arma download 3. Where exactly a3update script is created, in principle, does not matter - we make it easy times in ~.

cd ~
 nano a3update

The content:

#! / Bin / bash
 ~ / Steam / steamcmd.sh + runscript ~ / a3update.txt

For this purpose we need a3update.txt the file:

nano a3update.txt

Content (USERNAME and PASSWORD adapt):

ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1
 NoPromptForPassword 1
 Login USERNAME PASSWORD
 force_install_dir / srv / arma3
 app_update 233780 validate
 quit

The installation directory (in this example, "/ srv / arma3") can of course be adjusted. Make it executable and run:

chmod + x a3update
 ./a3update

There is probably a problem: The Steam Guard to propose and prevents us sign us. We just start SteamCMD, sign us and then enter the code that we have received in an e-mail (the mail went to the e-mail address, which is stored on Steam).

cd ~ / Steam
 ./steamcmd.sh
 Login USERNAME PASSWORD

Then again start our a3update script so Arma 3 will then be installed. Depending on the Internet connection of the server takes this a few minutes.

cd ~
 ./a3update

Ready! Arma 3 is installed, only missing Altis Life.

4th install Altis Life

On the Windows PC, we invite us down Altis Life: https://github.com/T...hive/master.zip (You might want to use Git of course).
The file is extracted to any location. The current SQL dump must then be imported into the MySQL database (at the time of the tutorial "arma3life-3.1.4.sql").

Then the PBOs are created; Simply right-click on the folder "Altis_Life.Altis" -> Repeat Pack into "Altis_Life.Altis.pbo", the same with the folder "life_server" -> PBO Manager.
On the server, we create now in the directory of Arma 3 (in this example, "/ srv / arma3") the folder "life_server". In this folder we create another folder called "addons".
The previously created "life_server.pbo" is now uploaded with Filezilla (or another [S] FTP client) to the folder "@ life_server / addons", the file "Altis_Life.Altis.pbo" is in the folder "mpmissions" in Arma3 directory.

Then extDB is copied to the correct location (which must be done if extDB itself was compiled). The "18" is each adapted to the latest version:

Ctrl + D (to become root again)
 cp ~ / extdb / extdb-stable / release / linux / 18 / * / srv / arma3 / r

Who has compiled extDB can now use his version:

cp ~ / extdb / work / extDB.so / srv / arma3 /

Then set the rights and need to change the user:

chown -Hr arma3: arma3 / srv / arma3
 su arma3 

Then we edit the "/srv/arma3/extdb-conf.ini" file under "[Database2]" have the name of the database, possibly the IP address, user name and password to be adjusted.

5 configuration

Before we start the server, we need a server configuration file.

cd / srv / arma3
 nano server.cfg

The content:

class Missions {
  class ARMA3 {
  template = Altis_Life.Altis;
  difficulty = "Regular";
  };
 };
 persistent = 1;
 hostname = "My super great Altis Life Server";
 password = admin "super secure password";
 verifySignatures = 2;
 equalModRequired = 0;
 requiredSecureId = 2;
 motd [] = {
  "Welcome!"
  ""
  ""
 };
 motdInterval = 30;
 maxplayers = 50;
 kickDuplicate = 1;
 allowedLoadFileExtensions [] = {"txt", "hpp"};
 onUserConnected = "";
 onUserDisconnected = "";
 doubleIdDetected = "";
 onUnsignedData = "";
 onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
 onDifferentData = "";
 local client [] = {127.0.0.1};

For information on configuring etc. can be found on the Internet.
Then let's create a file "basic.cfg" content:

language = "English";  adapter = -1;  3D_Performance = 1.000000;  Resolution_W = 800;  Resolution_H = 600;  Resolution_Bpp = 32;  MinBandwidth = 10485760;  MaxMsgSend = 512;  MaxSizeGuaranteed = 512;  MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 128;  MinErrorToSend = 0.001;  MinErrorToSendNear = 0.01;  MaxCustomFileSize = 0; 

The settings are exemplary, who wants to use the server seriously, should deal intensively with the configuration and tinkering diligently.
You should also install and configure BattlEye - to the folder "BattlEye" the file "be.cfg" with the following content to create:

Rconpassword PASSWORD

Then the BattlEye filter Altis Life be uploaded: You are in the Altis-Life folder in the subfolder "BEFilters" and are easy to "/ srv / arma3 / BattlEye" uploaded.
That was all. The server can be started like this:

./arma3server -BEPath = BattlEye -config = server.cfg -cfg = basic.cfg -nosound -mod = "@ life_server"

In Arma 3 you have in the server browser bottom right select "Input", there is one IP address and connects to the server. Ready!

Have fun! I hope this tutorial will work for you

PS: sry for my Bad English i hope you Understand this ;)

any support PM's be Ignored please use the Support section for it

Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users