3 replies to this topic

#1 snypr

snypr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

Hello,

I've been a happy user of the HapHost service since it was originally Haphost. I've always been very satisfied with this service and have been abiding by the Terms of Service carefully to continue enjoying the Free VPS privilege. I just want to verify that since the re-branding, I've noticed a new change in the ToS. Originally, it stated that there was no usage of IRC, or Windows/emulations on the VPSs. I've carefully been re-reading it since then and have noticed it no longer states those limitations. Would this mean that I am allowed to run WINE or vmWare to emulate other operating systems or possibly run a small IRC server on the VPS?

I wanted to verify this with the community to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. I understand that the Free VPS is a privilege, and I hope to continue benefiting from it.

On a side note, I'm also curious as to whether we are allowed to request to transfer our Free VPS to a different location, since HapHost has a couple different ones.

Thank you,

snypr

*Edit* I checked the ToS again and noticed it still forbids operating system emulators.

#2 Arctic

Arctic

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hello,

I've been a happy user of the HapHost service since it was originally Haphost. I've always been very satisfied with this service and have been abiding by the Terms of Service carefully to continue enjoying the Free VPS privilege. I just want to verify that since the re-branding, I've noticed a new change in the ToS. Originally, it stated that there was no usage of IRC, or Windows/emulations on the VPSs. I've carefully been re-reading it since then and have noticed it no longer states those limitations. Would this mean that I am allowed to run WINE or vmWare to emulate other operating systems or possibly run a small IRC server on the VPS?

I wanted to verify this with the community to make sure I'm not breaking any rules. I understand that the Free VPS is a privilege, and I hope to continue benefiting from it.

On a side note, I'm also curious as to whether we are allowed to request to transfer our Free VPS to a different location, since HapHost has a couple different ones.

Thank you,

snypr

*Edit* I checked the ToS again and noticed it still forbids operating system emulators.

if you had read the rules you would know that IRC servers are prohibited ;)

any support PM's be Ignored please use the Support section for it

Support

#3 snypr

snypr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

if you had read the rules you would know that IRC servers are prohibited ;)

The only thing I see in the Terms of Service regarding IRC would be this part:

• Game/Chat scripts are forbidden (applies to shared hosting accounts only).

I don't plan on running IRC on it any time in the near future, I just would like to verify.

#4 Cryo Kinesis

Cryo Kinesis

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 128 posts
  • LocationGridania, Eorzea

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hi there,

You can install an IRC server on your VPS, however it is best to not have any bots installed. :)

• Arctic and snypr like this

Cryo%20Kinesis%20Haphost%20Sig2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emulation, windows, wine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users