5 replies to this topic

#1 RickyPH

RickyPH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

As one of the Developer and also an owner of VPS from HapHost and a website, I also want all your VPS to protect from DDoS Attacks. I recommend CloudFlare to protect your VPS or Website .

• vyjhala, nedee007, Perwiz and 1 other like this

#2 sob666

sob666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

cloudflare is the best, i love it :D

another one, "Incapsula" :)

• vyjhala likes this

#3 RickyPH

RickyPH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

cloudflare is the best, i love it :D

another one, "Incapsula" :)

Yes sob66, I also use the incapsula to protect my website but if I compare the availability of service of cloudflare and Incapsula, I choose cloudflare because Incapsula has limited service.

#4 Perfect Gamer

Perfect Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yes sob66, I also use the incapsula to protect my website but if I compare the availability of service of cloudflare and Incapsula, I choose cloudflare because Incapsula has limited service.

Can you please make a step-by-step guide, on how to protect your VPS with cloudflare? 

• Perwiz likes this

#5 RickyPH

RickyPH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:08 AM

Here's the link how to protect a website. I also applicable if your VPS has a domain.

https://www.youtube....h?v=hwmDaiLUYP8

#6 ramanatechno

ramanatechno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hi,

There are many OS-level solutions to protect against application- and transport-layer DoS attacks, like SYN cookies, Apache modules, etc. However, to protect against a full bandwidth flood, unfortunately there is little you can do, as it is a function of the pipe of your VPS provider.

One good solution (which will also help you with the other kinds of attacks at the same time) is to point your domain at a DDoS-protection provider like Cloudflare

They can basically soak up attacks of almost any size. The key, however, is to make sure that no one can determine the real IP address of your server once the domain is behind Cloudflare.

• Andreas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users