9 replies to this topic

#1 legaume

legaume

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

Hello !

I am very happy to use your services, because I don't have any creditcard or bank account for the moment. So I can't pay anything.

I want to know how you can be free, because it's not only software:

Your servers and electricity are not GNU or BSD licensed  ....  don't they?    :)

Are enough people who upgrade to host1plus accounts? Or do you have other money sources ?

Thank you guys because I can try and learn a lot of stuff with your vps. I want to be a develloper and it very helps me.

Legaume

#2 Perfect Gamer

Perfect Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yes, the VPS are quite costly ;). So, when some people upgrade to Host1Plus, hosts gets money. The free VPS is like trial software, you can try it, if you like what it gives to you, you can upgrade to some bigger VPS. Many people upgrade to paid VPS, because free VPS is for small projects, like 1 gameserver and so on, but 128MB RAM and little CPU isn't enough for medium/large project! Sorry for my bad English, not my native one ;)

#3 Stefcio

Stefcio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Yes, the VPS are quite costly ;). So, when some people upgrade to Host1Plus, hosts gets money. The free VPS is like trial software, you can try it, if you like what it gives to you, you can upgrade to some bigger VPS. Many people upgrade to paid VPS, because free VPS is for small projects, like 1 gameserver and so on, but 128MB RAM and little CPU isn't enough for medium/large project! Sorry for my bad English, not my native one ;)

Exactly. The biggest cost at the moment from giving away a free VPS are IPv4 addresses, as the last blocks has been allocated by ripe a long period of time ago. 

The free VPS are the best way to create a game server for friends, like cs 1.6, samp, csgo, ts3 or other. Just for small projects, friends meeting and entertainment. 

If you need something better, then you going to host1plus or to other paid host, so the free vps is going to next people which need it. Many peoples just upgrading their free VPS to h1p paid services, so the cost of their usage of free vps is just $0, with many profit for the ISP. Sorry for bad english :)

#4 Styiix

Styiix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:32 AM

this service is not trial.... just lifetime

#5 lupettohf

lupettohf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

IPV4 blocks are very costly! Some DC can charge up to 2€ per ip.

#6 legaume

legaume

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

Thanks you for all your answers.

I'd like to hear someone who is working for Haphost on this topic.

#7 hoplaba

hoplaba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

I was wondering same thing.. they dont even offer paid hosting.. how can that be ?

#8 Andreas

Andreas

Haphost Staff

• Moderators
  • 283 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

I was wondering same thing.. they dont even offer paid hosting.. how can that be ?

They do offer paid hosting, but they do it under another brand called host1plus.

#9 issue89

issue89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

I've noticed advertisements placed around the site but from my experience those don't earn enough unless you have some awesome traffic, also they do have Host1Plus. Doing free services like this helps build the trust and support of a community which draws more people to use their services over others. What happens when your site starts earning and you need more, will you go somewhere else or choose your current host who was willing to get you started with no fees?

#10 SamW

SamW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

Haphost is a division under http://digitalenergytech.net/which has another company called "Host1Plus" which can provide cash to Haphost to have all the IPv4 blocks and the linux machines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users